Many Davis and Dixon residents are likely waking to rain-soaked streets and freshly cleaned cars as a result of some early-morning precipation making its way through the region.
Expect that rain to linger in the area till at least Wednesday as it appears fall-like weather has finally made its way to Northern California. The National Weather Service has issued a temporary hazardous weather outlook for the interior Northern California area, which includes the Central Valley.
The California Highway Patrol is reporting a number of weather-related traffic accidents along most major freeways around the Sacramento area, including Interstate-80. No major injuries have been reported.
According to NOAA, a strong early season weather system will bring valley rain and mountain snow along with periods of gusty southerly winds. Possible thunderstorms and smal hail storms could make their way through the area Monday evening as well.
The rain is expected to give way to cooler temperatures by Wednesday, though unsettled weather is expected. By Friday the forecast mellows, giving way to milder, drier weather by the end of the week.
Here's how the rest of the week looks in the Sacramento area:
Monday: Rain with a high near 58 and southerly winds around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. A chance of showers and thunderstorms at night, then showers likely after 11 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. South southeast wind 9 to 13 mph.
Tuesday: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 61, with southeast winds from 8 to 10 mph. At night there the chance of showers drops to 50 percent. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46.
Wednesday: Ahout a 70 percent chance of showers throughout the day. Cloudy, with a high near 60. South by southeast winds expeted at 7 to 13 mph. A 30 percent chance of showers at night, mostly cloudy, with a low around 52.
Thursday: Partly sunny with a high near 63, giving way to partly cloudy skies in the evening with a low around 60 degrees.
Friday: Mostly sunny with a high near 66, giving way to partly cloudy skies with a low around 50 degrees.
Saturday: Mostly sunny with a high around 66, giving way to partly cloudy skies with a high near 50 degrees.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with a high near 70 degrees.