This event is tonight!
Everyone is welcome at a fundraiser this Monday evening to support the Davis Schools Foundation’s campaign to raise $500,000 by July 4. The foundation has received more than $200,000 and is almost half way to its goal. All funds raised from the campaign will be used immediately for the 2012-13 school year, to pay for classroom instructional aides at the elementary schools to offset larger class sizes, increased campus safety (vice principals) at the junior high schools and counselors at the high schools.
Delaine Eastin, former California superintendent of public instruction and a longtime Davis resident will host the party from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in support of the campaign. The address is 4228 Dogwood Place in South Davis.
The Davis Schools Foundation hopes to far exceed this goal with donations of a ‘Dollar-A-Day,’ or $365, for every child in our district, which would equal $3 million for our schools. The more funds can be raised, the more successful the campaign will be in positively impacting class size ratios, safety concerns and counseling support for our students. If everyone contributes a gift of any amount, our entire community will benefit.
The campaign was kicked off last month when an anonymous local family donated $50,000 to the foundation.
Gifts may be made in several ways:
- Online at www.davisschoolsfoundation.org;
- By mail to Davis Schools Foundation, P.O. Box 1154, Davis, CA 95617; or
- At the Davis Schools Foundation booth at the Davis Farmers Market on Wednesdays between 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. and Saturdays between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. The market takes place in Central Park, Fourth and C streets in downtown Davis.
The Davis Schools Foundation
- What: Davis Schools Foundation party, to help raise $500,000 to support local schools
- When: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Monday, June 25th
- Where: Home of former California Superintendent of Public Instruction Delaine Eastin, 4228 Dogwood Place, Davis