It seems like yesterday, but it's been one whole year since a Patch sprouted amongst the holiday hustle and bustle in Pleasantville-Briarcliff Manor.
Click to see what some of the big headlines were during our first week live.
Since Day one, we have been overwhelmed by the communities' support of Patch and what we offer you—but more importantly, what you bring to Patch.
Thank you for all the news tips, comments, photo uploads and inquiries over the past 365 days—we can't wait to share the next year with you!
During our time here in Briarcliff Manor and Pleasantville, Patch has evolved and become more user-friendly than ever. Our hope for Patch moving forward is to make it even easier for you to upload your own announcements, events, questions, ideas, suggestions, photos and videos to make this a true community platform.
If you haven't taken advantage of the many ways you can get involved on Patch yet, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Post an announcement (Did your kid make honor roll? Has your organization received a prestigious award? This is the perfect way to share the news!)
- Add an event (Is your soccer league hosting a sign-up event? Got a fundraiser coming up? Let everyone know the details here.)
- Sign up for the daily newsletter (Get Patched in every day with local news simply by clicking "Newsletters" at the very bottom of this page.)
- Share Your Photos (You can upload your own photos and videos to almost any Patch story, announcement or event! Or click here to add photos to our growing Neighborhood Gallery.)
- (Our depends on your submissions—from Little League to NCAA—so send over your shots of that game-winning goal or record-breaking relay time, anytime.)
- Rate Local Businesses (Give your favorite local eatery five stars or write a review of the auto shop that gave you top-notch service—your neighbors will thank you!)
And as always, let us know what's on your mind by sharing in the comments section or emailing email@example.com.
Thank you again for sharing your stories, letting Patch be a part of your everyday life and making this a successful news and information-sharing space over the past year. We couldn't have done it without you!