Bank robberies are often thought of as Dillinger-esque crimes of the old days, but the truth is they still happen with relative frequency, even in Davis. There have been three robberies just since this website launched last Summer and 13 in Davis since 2005.
The most recent robbery was this month , and before that the US Bank was twice in a span of six months. A man is in one of those robberies and is suspected of robbing seven other branches.
If you know of any robberies missing from this report, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Like Davis Patch on Facebook for updates.
- 10/1/2008 - The note said the suspect was armed, but no gun was displayed. The suspect left on foot.
- 2/26/2009 - The suspect was described as a white male about 40-years old. He was wearing a red baseball cap, black sunglasses and a sweatshirt.
- 6/29/2011 - Robbed by a female suspect in her mid-40s with red hair. She was wearing a blue top with sequins.
- 12/20/2011 - Second US Bank robbery in six months. This robber is connected to , including one in Elk Grove earlier the same day. He is described as having olive skin and a beard, which may be fake. ()
- 3/10/2007 - A “chubby, white male” left the bank with $5,300 after a note-pass robbery. Brian Scott Taylor, 41, admitted to the robbery (and six others) three months later. He had been nicknamed “the sports cap” robber, because of the hats he often wore.
- 3/8/2009 - A man who may have been casing the bank earlier in the day passed a teller a note and made off with an undisclosed amount of money. The man is between 22-28 years old and is about 5-foot-10-inches.
- 9/29/2005 - A man handed a note to the teller and demanded cash in small denominations. No weapon was seen. The man fled on foot.
- 9/17/2006 - Seven bank employees and one customer were ordered into the safe. Money was placed in a Sponge Bob Square Pants bag, according to a post on DavisWiki. The suspect left on foot.
- 8/1/2007 - “Give me all your money,” David Bryant, 52, told the teller. “No funny money.” He is now spending 27 years in prison after getting caught robbing a bank in San Francisco and admitting to other robberies, including the one in Davis.
- 7/21/2010 - Laura Jane Murray allegedly robbed the bank and then locked her keys in the getaway vehicle. Police found her as she tried to break the window of her locked car.
- 9/29/2005 - Two men entered wearing masks and denim, one carrying a shotgun. An employee was thrown to the ground, according to a post on DavisWiki. A dye pack exploded in the money bag, forcing them to abandom the car and most of the money.
- 4/22/2009 - Wearing a “Sin City” t-shirt, Patrick Edward Doehrty, 31, allegedly stole an undisclosed amount of money in this robbery. He may have used a fake British accent to cover up his Boston accent during this robbery and several others outside Davis.
- 1/5/2012 - Paul Michael Schmeer, 29, robbed the bank, but was after an officer saw him leave in a Jeep Liberty.
The crime data in this story comes from a combination of Davis Patch coverage, Enterprise and sacbee.com stories, DavisWiki and Davis Police Department reports. Like Davis Patch on Facebook for more crime coverage.