The Phi Delta Theta House, which used to belong to Aplha Epsilon Pi, has been demolished. (It's the one right across from the farmers market). The building was nearly 150 years old, but apparently in fairly horrendous shape.
The Phi Delt Alumni Association Board decided "it would not be prudent to raise and spend the necessary funds to remodel, rehabilitate and update the the current structure. Alumni support for a rehabilitation project was weak. Alumni support for a new structure was very positive."
- Any idea what was wrong with it? - ThisIsDave
- clearly you never entered into it. Repairing the interior of that house would cost a medium sized fortune. - iLorax
- I'd been told it was the oldest building in Davis, but also that when AEPi passed it on to (Phi Delta?), it was in really gross shape. - MurrayTempleton
- The dance floor just magically absorbed everything ever spilled on it. Eww. - lolita_the_craisin
- Would not want to be in there after a foam party - MurrayTempleton
- I'm glad that they're getting rid of it, that thing was such an eyesore.permalinkreportreply - omega_joe
- :( - The_Brofessional
- I've been in there before—it was very old and not the safest of buildings. - sylphofspace
- The frat that was in there before AEPi beat it up pretty bad as well, AEPi just put the stake in its heart. - nathism
- Oh man. I remember that house having a wasp infestation all over their chimney about two years ago. - supereggytoast
- Because it was a shit hole. - tictacteaux