Susan Lovenburg and Nancy Peterson won seats on the Davis School Board Tuesday night, with 27 and 25 percent of the vote respectively.
Alan Fernandes came in just behind them with 20 percent of the vote. Jose Granda had 14 percent and Claire Sherman had 13 percent.
Meanwhile, Davis passed yet another parcel tax in Measure E, which required a 2-to-1 approval for passage. The tax, which will go to schools, got 68.9 percent of the vote this time around, winning by more than two percentage points.
As of early Wednesday morning, California's Proposition 30 had 53.9 percent Yes votes, meaning the parcel tax will likely cost homeowners $204 per year rather than $446. Apartment dwellers will pay $20.
Here are links to our election coverage:
- School Board Results (Interactive Map)
- Measure E Results (Interactive Map)
- Davis Ace Owner Encourages Employees to Vote for Romney in Letter (PHOTOS)
- VIDEO: Occupy Davis Sets Up at Polling Place; Confrontation Ensues
National and Regional:
- President Obama Re-elected