The MU, as the Memorial Facility is informally known, was built on the north side of the Quad in 1955 and dedicated to the memory of UC Davis students who died in military conflicts. It is the main gathering point on campus. From dining at the Coffeehouse and bowling or video gaming in the basement Games Area to shopping the UCD Bookstore, there are many reasons to visit the MU. Several ATMs are available on the MU's eastern exterior wall near the main entrance. Shops and services as well as the offices and recording studios of KDVS Radio in Lower Freeborn Hall are accessible via a tunnel which begins beside the bowling alley in the MU basement.